Stack Tool Panels

• Stack Tool Panels

Posted by Troy DeGroot on June 24, 2021 at 12:42 pm

Along with Undocking your Markups List to put on a second monitor, you can also stack Tool Panels. Save on drawing real estate and expand your available tools. Just click and drag the Panel Tab to see the location dial, drop where you want it.

Roye Arie replied 2 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • David Cutler

June 25, 2021 at 11:38 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

This could take some getting used to, but I can see where it would be helpful.

It appears that in order to “unstack” the Tool Panels you need to drag the icon from the upper portion of the left column to the lower portion. Took a few minutes to figure that one out. 🙂

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
      June 26, 2021 at 9:33 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

You can also right-click on the tab and attach it to the left again. I’ve always known you can stack them, but @andrew-veggian screen share is the first time I’ve seen this beast in the wild. 😂 Makes me want to build a laptop profile and a desktop profile for myself.

• Andrew Veggian

June 25, 2021 at 2:11 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Orange Belt UC2 Brainery Orange Belt Rank

This is one of my favorite features. I use an ultrawide monitor which gives me plenty of screen real estate to split both sides. This way when I’m working on takeoffs I don’t need to keep flipping back and forth to different panels.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
      June 26, 2021 at 9:26 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

This is a great screen share!

• David Cutler

June 28, 2021 at 1:25 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

That’s a nice setup @andrew-veggian . I’ve never heard of an ultrawide monitor. I’m setup with two good size monitors and then a TV as a 3rd. Works pretty well but the edges can get a bit annoying when you try to spread across multiple monitors.

• Roye Arie

July 6, 2021 at 10:18 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Orange Belt UC2 Brainery Orange Belt Rank

This is indeed a great tip.
    I’ve been using it for a while (I think it was first introduced on Revu-19?) and liked it ever since.

I like to keep my Tool Chest “fixed” and will rotate between my secondary Tool Panel. I’m able to navigate faster between different options, and it’s rather simple to hide (or collapse) them if I want to temporarily get more screen space.