Delete Layers

• Posted by UC2 Bluebeam-Support on June 9, 2023 at 11:28 am

Deleting Layers

If you need to delete a layer, you have the option to delete the content and markups within the layer or move this information to the base PDF.

Go to View -> Tabs > Layers or press ALT+Y to show the Layers tab.

Select the layer and click Delete Layer. The Delete Layer dialog box will appear.

You can also right-click the layer and select Delete.

To delete multiple layers at the same time, hold down SHIFT or CTRL and select the layers.

The layers that will be deleted are listed at the top of the dialog box after Delete Layer. If this list contains a layer you do not want to delete, you’ll need to click Cancel and start over.

To delete the content on these layers, select Delete Layer Content on Page. Otherwise, the content will be moved to the base PDF.

To delete the markups on these layers, select Delete Layer Annotations. Otherwise, the markups will be moved to the base PDF.

Note: Unchecking both boxes deletes the definition of the layer and keeps all content and markups by moving them to the base PDF.

Click Delete.

Vince French replied 10 months, 4 weeks ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Vince French

June 10, 2023 at 12:50 am

Very useful especially when the base drawing seems to have a layer for every single drawn line!

• David Cutler

June 10, 2023 at 10:05 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

That’s a great point @Vince !

I appreciate when I receive PDFs with layers, but at the same time sometimes there are only one or two pieces of information on a layer which makes the layer list overwhelming. Deleting a few layers, while maintaining the content could be helpful.

• Vince French

June 11, 2023 at 1:09 am

@David – I was looking for a way to merge the existing layers into smaller groups e.g. once of the drawings I have has about a dozen layers for each of these boundary treatments, pumping station compound, etc..

Unfortunately, I couldn’t seem to get this to work.

Does anyone else know if this is possible?