Lost Tool Boxes

• Posted by Jose Rodriguez on August 20, 2024 at 1:38 pm

If your IT department “resets” Bluebeam, can you recover your custom tool boxes? ( I did not save them in a folder outside of Bluebeam) There was a problem with Bluebeam and Excel communicating. Our IT dept personnel just reset Bluebeam and now all of my custom tool boxes have vanished from the tool bar and the Tool Chest. I have a feeling I am starting over. This time I will export to a separate file.

UC2 Bluebeam-Support replied 3 weeks, 1 day ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • David Cutler

August 20, 2024 at 9:28 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Advanced Brown Belt Rank

I ran into a similar issue @joser

Our IT folks were able to restore the directory that contains the toolbox files from a backup of my system. I don’t recall off the top of my head what directory they are in, but I expect one of the others will be along shortly that can point you in the right direction.

• UC2 Bluebeam-Support

Organizer
    September 30, 2024 at 3:27 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Yellow Belt UC2 Brainery Yellow Belt Rank

Hi Jose,

I always recommend a backup before resetting Revu to factory settings. The only way to recover those lost toolsets would be to see if you have an old copy saved somewhere that was previously exported/backed up or, if you IT is able to go back to a previous version of the files associated with Revu before the reset then, you could grab a back up and run the reset again.