Reply To: New Guest Blog Post

  • Doug McLean

    Member
    November 14, 2022 at 3:32 pm
    Points: 19,166
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Advanced Blue Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Advanced Blue Belt IIII

    yeah, that’s doable. Most doors are 21 sqft, so that makes it pretty easy

    It would all depend on what you want though, how close of count do you need?
    If I’m taking off something like sequenced wall paneling around a window, I need the veneer that would have gone where the window is. Doesn’t matter that the customer isn’t getting it, they’re still paying for it. It may not show up the finished quantity of wall paneling, but we’d better account for it during ordering and layups.
    Same thing with a door skin, only I need to keep that and mark it as such so that it stays for the door and all blends in with the surrounding wall paneling.

    What I tell people though is to just leave it in, but then not to add anything for waste.