BB toolsets and GIS PDF overlay

• BB toolsets and GIS PDF overlay

Posted by Sudsy Zutphin on January 8, 2024 at 8:06 pm

Brand new to Revu 21. On a utility locating team. We’d like to up our game with the mapping documents we present to the client upon job completion. Need to:

– have a way to overlay GIS/terrain snapshot of client site on BB PDF at the outset of job scheduling.

– Add data points from locate to BB PDF. Utility markers (power RED, gas YELLOW, water BLUE, Telco/Fiber ORANGE, sewer GREEN) and all waypoints and terminal points. eg, manhole covers, pedestals, underground terminations, and utility poles..

Have I come to the right place to learn how to configure BB to allow something SIMILAR to this screenshot?

Francisco Guerrero replied 3 months, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • David Cutler

January 8, 2024 at 9:09 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Welcome to UChapter2 @sudsy !

You are definitely in the right place to explore the capabilities of Revu.

My primary use of Revu is for civil construction takeoff – which can be very similar to the image you displayed. What are you using to develop these documents currently?

I’d suggest making some time to watch some of the videos at https://uchapter2.com/bluebeam-training-videos/ Our host, @troy-degroot , has some great resources available there.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    January 9, 2024 at 11:16 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Welcome to the group @sudsy

You can definitely create a layout exactly like the one you shared. All you need is a handful of custom markup tools as you mention. You can easily import an image from Google Earth or some other source on a document as your base drawing (or overlay a civil/site plan).

1. Make sure when you create a screenshot of the image that you include the Scale. This way you can calibrate the drawing and have accurate measurements.
    2. Go to Menu Bar at the top and select Tools>Markup>Image>From File
    3. After you navigate to the image and load it, streach the image to fit the drawing or document.
    4. At this point select the image and Lock it in the Properties panel so you don’t accidently move it. (I actually Flatten it in most cases)
    5. Now you can mark up over top of the image all you want.

Hope this helps.

• Francisco Guerrero

January 12, 2024 at 8:56 am

I am also new to BB and really enjoy using it since coming from HCSS Plans. I have just started doing this exact same task. Overlay drawn object from Trimble TBC. When my plots from TBC have a larger sheet print size. Once I do a “copy page to snapshot” and paste to the master page. I go to the properties of the snapshot and change the “document width and height” to match the master sheet size and so far that has work to match the scale.