Circle/ Arc Tools

• Circle/ Arc Tools

Posted by Doug McLean on March 25, 2024 at 2:01 pm

So I sent in a new suggestion this morning… for Bluebeam to add some optional stock columns for circle and arc markups.
    There needs to be something easier than doing a Polylength markup and then converting to arc to get a measurement.

Have you ever done a 3-point radius markup? Try it… and then turn on the optional captions. It will display the arc length and the arc angle for you… but those measurements don’t appear in the markups list. Well the measurement I actually NEED is the length of that arc. It doesn’t do me much good if it only displays on the screen, now does it? If they can display a caption, they can give me a stock column with that data.

I also asked for the ability to add a depth to that arc. Do you know how many curved Pony walls I deal with? Anyone in the framing, structural, drywall, or painting trade is in the same boat.

Curves are a thing, and Revu is honestly a little behind when it comes to marking them up.

Remember, if there’s something you’d like, hit that “Make a Suggestion” button.
    Never hurts to ask, right?

Vince French replied 1 month ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Isaac Harned

March 25, 2024 at 2:10 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I

Lol behind the curve..

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    March 25, 2024 at 5:20 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

I need to make more suggestions. I run across them all the time!

• David Cutler

March 27, 2024 at 9:30 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

You may already have done this, but I’ll throw it out there for others…

A potential work around:

1. Create a simple, 2 point poly length measurement

2. Select the markup and then right click on it

3. Select “convert to arc”

4. Save your “arc polylength measurement tool” to your favorite tool box

5. When applying the markup ensure that it is set to placing a copy of the markup (I think this is “markup mode” vs “properties mode”) then adjust the points to fit.

When I tried this I was able to set a wall height and it generated a wall area.

While not a clean as a “arc polylength” standard tool would be, I think it would get you where you need to be.

• Doug McLean

March 27, 2024 at 1:47 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

Yeah, that’s the workaround, but why should I have to do that, when I can take the 3 Point Radius Tool, do the markup, and then turn on the captions and all that information is already there. It’s just not available to me in the markups list.

• Vince French

March 27, 2024 at 11:37 am

Have you got an example of what you are looking at Doug?

• Doug McLean

March 27, 2024 at 2:48 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

Basically what I want, is the information that is shown in the captions to be available to me in the markups list.

On a 3 point radius, I can turn on the caption for the arc angle, but that isn’t available to me (I would need to use the angle tool for that to show up. Same things with the arc length.

I’d also love it if I could take that arc length and assign it a depth. Its really the only way to properly get the area of a curved wall in Revu. Funny enough, you can assign a depth to the Diameter measurement tool, but sometimes you don’t have the whole circle.

We need better tools for curved work.

• Vince French

March 28, 2024 at 1:57 am

If I’ve understood you correctly this maybe a possible long-winded way to create your arc and other information.

Draw a few ‘template boxes’ then create your arcs. Flatten these template markups. Use dynamic fill to markup the area creating the boundary dimension – polylength or perimeter. Split your boundary at the point your need then delete any unwanted segments.

Not very user friendly though!