Intro Post

• Intro Post

Posted by Nic Bitting on March 8, 2023 at 11:37 am

Hello all, it’s nice to see a few familiar faces and plenty of new folks here on the boards. I wanted to provide a quick intro and background before I start pinging you all with questions. 😄

Early in my career I was fabricating custom staircases out in Seattle, then I moved into a sales & estimating role for the same company. Back then we were using highlighters and colored pens for our takeoffs!

I’ve also had stops as an Architectural Rep for Pella Windows, an Estimator for Merritt Woodworking, and now my current role as Senior Estimator for Landscape Forms – where we specialize in custom site furnishings and outdoor furniture.

Previously I’ve worked in OnScreen and Planswift, and I’ve always been a power user of takeoff software. I love pushing beyond the out-of-the-box set-up by building out custom toolsets and work flows.

I’m still early in my journey with Bluebeam, but I’m already impressed with the immense amount of customization available. So far the program has lived up to it’s billing as a top notch takeoff software.

Last week I completed Troy’s Bluebeam Basics, Document Management, Estimating and Advanced Estimating courses, and I’m excited to implement a lot of what I’ve learned.

I owe an early thank you to several community members, @Doug McLean and @lizlarsen specifically – your LinkedIn content helped convince me that Bluebeam would be the right choice for my team moving forward.

Down the road I hope to contribute my learnings to this community, but initially I’ll probably be more like a sponge!

Liz Larsen replied 1 year, 1 month ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Doug McLean

March 8, 2023 at 2:53 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

welcome to the Brainery

• David Cutler

March 8, 2023 at 3:12 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Welcome to the Brainery @bittingn !

Please ask away – we all learn from each other as the answers are posted.

• Liz Larsen

March 12, 2023 at 10:50 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Orange Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Orange Belt IIII

Welcome, @Nic_Bitting !

We’re excited to have you here with us 😀

It means a lot to me to hear that you found my LinkedIn content helpful.