Markup list reports

• Markup list reports

Posted by Doug McLean on September 14, 2022 at 10:23 pm

It always amazes me when people see what you can do with an exported report from the Mark-ups list.

Once that data is created, you need to use it. Don’t let it just live in the drawings, use it.

Learning how to make those consistent reports will really elevate your Revu game

Vince replied 1 year, 10 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    September 14, 2022 at 10:56 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt II UC2 Brainery Brown Belt II

💯💯 When I work with companies, it’s a big priority of mine to not only teach the value of the data but try to uncover ways of using it between other departments throughout the livecycle. It seems like someone downstream is always looking for the data previously provided. I love that all the data is a byproduct of simple markups.

• David Cutler

September 16, 2022 at 8:53 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Brown Belt IIII

Spot on @Doug McLean ! Others in my organization perform there takeoff with Revu and then write the results down on a pad of paper before entering them into our estimating software. The workflow I’ve developed allows me to export my takeoff to Excel, perform some data scrubbing, and then import the items and quantities into our estimating software. While it isn’t perfect my workflow is much more efficient.

Now I need to up my game and learn how to use Power Query in Excel as you have recommended to further increase my efficiency😎

• Doug McLean

September 16, 2022 at 10:10 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt III UC2 Brainery Blue Belt III

this was my presentation at XCON.

• Doug McLean

September 16, 2022 at 10:19 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt III UC2 Brainery Blue Belt III

David, if you go into the Studio project I created, I have a couple documents that go through the steps of my Power Query and what they all do.
      It will help you in your journey.
      I’m pretty sure I also included some links to the people I go to for this training. Its all on YouTube.

Go have fun with it.

• Vince

September 19, 2022 at 1:16 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

Power Query is an absolute must @David Cutler !

Once you get going – aside from cleaning & sorting your original information, you won’t believe some of the additional data that can be created!

Hopefully, I will have something very soon that proves this.