Toolchest

• Posted by Wm Osburn on December 2, 2023 at 8:39 pm

For our Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), we use symbols and tags for instruments, etc. We have some tools we imported and made some upgrades. The new tools stay in a certain toolchest but how do we get those to stay permanent?

Troy DeGroot replied 5 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Isaac Harned

December 4, 2023 at 8:18 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I

Is the toolchest on a network drive, and does everyone load it from the same location?

Usually I will export to local to avoid the toolset locking and being shared, but also exporting the whole profile with dependencies will isolate the toolchests to each person. Then just keep a backup so that it can be reloaded when needed.

• Roye

December 4, 2023 at 8:21 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Orange Belt UC2 Brainery Orange Belt Rank

Are some of the tools lost once you shut your computer off and you find yourself redoing some of the tool set parameters?

(Probably a silly question:) Do you save the toolset once you finish modifying it? Save it to the toolset and to the profile.

• Wm Osburn

December 4, 2023 at 8:30 am

Thank you. I will try this suggestion and see what happens. I also learned about saving recent tools and moving them to another folder.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    December 4, 2023 at 9:55 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt I UC2 Brainery Brown Belt I

Great questions and answers were provided already. Here is a link to a blog post about saving and sharing profiles. Hope it helps. https://uchapter2.com/best-practices-for-sharing-bluebeam-revu-tools-profiles/?no_frame=1