What did you at XCON 22?

• What did you at XCON 22?

Posted by David Cutler on August 24, 2022 at 9:32 pm

So the FOMO is killing me. Anyone have something they learned at XCON 22 to share?

From the Product Keynote webcast today I learned that if you want to be a BlueBeam developer you really need to be able to grow a serious beard!🙂

Liz Larsen replied 1 year, 8 months ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    August 26, 2022 at 1:23 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt I UC2 Brainery Brown Belt I

This year was heavily focused on introducing a new product called “Bluebeam Cloud”. There have been some struggles over the years with the iPad functionality and reliability, so they have built a web-based solution for on-site workflows including RFIs, Punch walks (Snagging lists), and submittals. They have a solid start, but they will be the first to tell you they have a ways to go.

I heard amazing feedback from all the presentations in our Brainery group and it was the thrill of my week to meet them all in person. @lizlarsen @Doug McLean @Shanoc @ekbrayley @mechave and others I’m forgetting in my lack of sleep. I even heard @Vince name brought up a couple of times.

• Doug McLean

August 26, 2022 at 11:28 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

I too was rather underwhelmed at Bluebeam Cloud. I’m right there with Troy in that it needs some work.
    On the flip side, I learned a tonne. Got to meet some new people who were simply amazing, and my wife had a really good time because of the people.
    Meeting up with people the same people that troy mentioned was one of the main reasons for me going. This really is an amazing community and I’m proud to be a part of it.
    Can’t wait until next year.

• Liz Larsen

August 31, 2022 at 3:43 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Orange Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Orange Belt IIII

I was also underwhelmed. I feel like they’re promoting a product that has a fantastic premise but is only 2/3 developed.

I am really excited for the future of Bluebeam Cloud, though, so I’m trying to focus on that.